2021 Carbon Neutral Adelaide Award Nominees
The biennial Carbon Neutral Adelaide Awards celebrate the contributions by Carbon Neutral Adelaide Partners to our shared aspiration for the City of Adelaide to become a carbon neutral city. The Awards showcase how our City benefits from reducing emissions through technological change, entrepreneurial endeavour, sustainable business practices and high performing work environments. Winners will be announced on 1 December, 2021.
2021 Nominees Shortlist
Achievement in Circular Economy
- Café Troppo - Sustainable café
- Mister Rye - South Australian rye straws that benefits the circular economy
- Treasure Boxes Gifting essential children’s goods to families to reduce hardship
- The Foodprint Experience Food that makes you feel good, while doing good
- University of Adelaide Compostables on campus
Achievement in Energy and the Built Environment
- Christie Walk How a model eco-city development dramatically reduced energy use
- Off-Grid Energy Australia Powering a whole street of commercial buildings with renewable energy
- University of Adelaide Roseworthy solar farm and energy storage system
- Suntrix - Allume Unlocking shared solar for the residents of the City of Adelaide
Achievement in Low Carbon Transport
- Neuron Scooters Reducing Adelaide’s reliance on cars: Neuron’s emission-free e-scooters and e-bikes
- Zero Automotive Battery electric 4x4 LandCruiser light vehicles for mining and industry
Innovation for a Low Carbon Economy
- GPA Engineering Hydrogen Production and Blending Demonstration Facility – Detailed Design and Commissioning
- Io Energy Outsmarting the electricity market with 100% carbon offset time-of-use pricing
- Northern Edge Studio Sustainable Action Plan
- Tandem Energy - 2XE The Energy Services Alliance - a collaboration for a cleaner future
Leadership in Business
- dsquared Beyond carbon neutral
- Evoegy Trees bought for days worked
- Packwise Transitioning the community to compostable packaging products
- Stone & Chalk Supporting carbon neutrality in the start-up community
- Uniting Communities Leading and influencing others towards net zero carbon
- University of Adelaide Campus sustainability leader
Leadership in the Community
- Monica Oliphant, Adjunct Associate Professor at University of South Australia, and Fellow at Charles Darwin University Monica is recognised internationally as a pioneer in the use of solar photovoltaics and renewable energy.
- Vaughan Levitzke, recent CEO of Green Industries SA Vaughan has worked tirelessly since entering the public service in 1978 as an Ecologist with the Department for the Environment. He has served as Chief Executive of Zero Waste SA, since inception.
- Jodie Van Deventer, recent CEO of Committee for Adelaide Jodie worked at the helm of Committee for Adelaide, focussed on business attraction of Adelaide via business activity, city growth, innovation, migration and population, and education.
- Mark Ledson, Office of the Chief Entrepreneur Mark Ledson is the Business Development Manager at the Office of the South Australian Chief Entrepreneur, the State Government’s agency for supporting entrepreneurship and start-ups.