Leadership milestones for Convention Centre, Finsbury Green
13 October 2023
Carbon Neutral Adelaide Partner Adelaide Convention Centre is the world’s first convention centre to achieve EarthCheck’s Master certification. Adelaide Convention Centre has actively participated in the global EarthCheck program since 2007, consistently performing at above best practice in several key areas of social and environmental actions.
In its most recent EarthCheck audit, the Centre demonstrated its ongoing sustainability leadership by being identified as the leader in the Australian business events industry, achieving:
- 99% diversion of waste from landfill,
- Average Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions 60% lower than next best competitor,
- 73% lower average potable water than the regional average.
This result follows the recent installation of Adelaide’s first WasteMaster – an on-site food and organic waste recycling system which converts food waste to energy, fertiliser and compost.
In 2023 Finsbury Green have presented their first-ever Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, in their 19th year of reporting on sustainability performance. The print company is voluntarily accounting for their carbon footprint and buying accredited offsets to make their business carbon neutral.
Some of their tangible achievements are:
- 30% reduction in carbon footprint of the business
- increased carbon savings by the businesses that use Finsbury printing services
- 94.5% of suppliers rated under Finsbury Green Environmental Rating (FGER) - an environmental evaluation protocol for their outsourcing supply panel
- 74% Forestry Stewardship Council paper use
- 43% reduction in water use compared to previous year